Thursday, April 16, 2009

Quickie

Well I am still doing well. I'm just not posting on my blog. My exercise has been going very well. I walk Mon-Fri and do my stairs and swimming on Mon/Wed/Fri. It is really starting to make a difference. I find myself not complaining when I park somewhere. If I have to walk a block, now I think "so what". In the past I would drive around until a spot became available or sometimes, if I couldn't find a spot, I would leave.

Another thing that I'm noticing is that when I get out of breath from going up stairs on a service call for work, I don't stay out of breath as long as I used to. Also, I've noticed that my out-of-breath spells are not as severe as they used to be.

Wednesday I swam 16 laps, which is almost half a mile. I wasn't exhausted. Very fun stuff.

This morning, after my business networking meeting, I was approached by a personal trainer for free training. I think I will try to call her tomorrow. This will be a great opportunity to learn how to maximize my exercise. I definitely don't want to overdo it, but I feel that I could handle more, or I could be fully utilizing my exercise time. ie using different swim techniques in the pool, doing water aerobics, or I might try to do a little weight training. We'll see what happens.

Have a good Friday!

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

  1. I am just checking in to see how you are doing. It seems you are keeping it going- Hope everything is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your exercising and the subsequent benefits! That's a great opportunity with the personal trainer.

    ReplyDelete