Sunday, June 28, 2009

Saturday 06/27/09




Went to Sams today and picked up a few items. We got some organic mixed greens, tomatoes, yogurt, salad dressing, watermelon, salsa, sirloin patties, chicken patties, and raspberries. They were really good deals and most of it is really healthy. The salad dressing is really tasty. I just have to control my portions. It was a lazy Saturday.

B:
1.5 turkey bacon
oatmeal with protein powder

S1:
none

L:
chicken salad sandwich from Jim N Nicks BBQ
Potato Salad

S2:
watermelon
almonds

D:
steak patty with A1
organic mixed greens with dressing
2 small onions with ranch
watermelon

Late Night Snack:
Watermelon
Yogurt and Almonds

W:
1/2 gallon

Other Fluids:
coffee
tea

E:
none

Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

  1. I've been doing that late night watermelon thing too. I can't help it, it's like once it's in the house all cut up, I can't resist it. Oh well, better than a late night Snickers bar, I guess?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watermelon is a fine snack. The almonds with it is very smart, because the protein and good fats in the almonds offset the carb load and make your insulin levels NOT spike up.

    I am liking your food choices much better ...like every day they get better and better. I know you are gonna have a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect day to me. Good stuff, all of it. My personal trainer says I can't have watermelon until after a workout. And I love watermelon, so guess what, I always go work out. LOL. Keep up the good work. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic, and what a wonderful change at the top of your blog...Love the new artwork!!

    Take care and my best always

    Sean

    ReplyDelete