Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday 06/07/09

There is a debate going on about food, exercise, and metabolism in the comments section. Here's my thoughts on dieting and exercise: find what's comfortable for you to lose weight. I'm not going to pick apart any particular plans or opinions. I am going to eat what I'm comfortable eating, and if I get tired of something, I will change to something else that works for me. It's okay to experiment to find out what works for you.

So far on this journey I have lost a lot of weight. I have just eaten with moderation. Also, so far along the way I have discovered some foods that I can't have because I can't control them. One example of this is trail mix. I just can't have it because I keep eating it until it's gone.

Has my journey been perfect? NO, and it won't be because I'm human. The main thing that I'm concerned with is that when I'm not doing good, I realize it, and turn things around.

One of the most important things I have learned on my journey is to never ever eat chicken livers. I could have been killed.

Tomorrow morning I will weigh in and post the results. It should be a good weigh-in.

Now on to the grocery store:

Before going to the grocery store today, I inventoried the pantry. Here's what we had:
3 cans green beans
3 cans greens (turnip or mixed)
3 cans mixed beans
1 can field peas
1 can white beans
1.5 boxes shake & bake breading for chicken
3 individual bags plain instant oatmeal
3 individual maple instant oatmeal
7 bags 100 calorie microwave popcorn
8 individual servings of cinnamon apple sauce
1 pack of turkey bacon
1 big pack ground turkey
1 pack low sodium taco seasoning

Here's what we bought at Wally World:
protein powder
lime cheesecake filling
graham pie crust
2 low sodium taco seasoning
small pack ground turkey
ranch dressing
blue cheese dressing
eggs
whole wheat bread
2 packs whole wheat tortillas
salsa
2 x no fat re fried beans
bananas
pack of chicken breast
cucumbers
onions
tomatoes
sliced cheese
turkey sausage
regular oatmeal (not quick oats)
coffee
omega3 pills (for mom)

Here's what we bought at Sam's:
Sirloin Burgers
Salmon Burgers
Protein bars - variety pack

We've got enough meat to last a long, long time.

I have come up with a food plan for this week, and it's basically the same as last week. I have taken out the waffles, cottage cheese, fruit, low fat sour cream, and cheese. (The cheese purchased today is for my mom.)

For breakfast, I will mix up days with having oatmeal or turkey bacon/turkey sausage and eggs.

Lunch will be the tortillia's with brown rice, mixed beans, taco ground turkey, and salsa.

After workouts I will eat one protein bar.

Snacks will be eating a portion of my lunch.

Dinner will be one meat and two veggies.

Here's what I ate today:
B:
1 frozen waffle (I ate it frozen with no honey or toppings) It was actually very tasty this way.

S1:
1.5 white chocolate macadamia nut cookies from Subway

L:
6" tuna subway sub on wheat, all of the fixings (except olives and peppers), low fat mayo, and mustard
6" sweet onion chicken teriyaki subway sub on wheat, all of the fixings (except olives and peppers), low fat mayo, and mustard

S2:
piece of lime cheese cake

D:
wrap: whole wheat tortilla, salsa, 1/2 sirloin patty, 1/2 salmon burger
cucumber, onion, tomato, and blue cheese dressing
piece of lime cheese cake

W:
1/2 gallon

E:
walk around in wally world and sams

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

  1. i agree with you stephen. lot of people have opinions and i guess we're going to see them all! but i think that at this point for you, just eating less and exercising will make a big difference. as you lose weight and gain muscle, youll learn what works for you and youll be able to change accordingly. im still trying to figure out what to do here. its definitely a learn as you go type thing, especially since its a lifetime commitment and not a "diet." keep it up! youre quite an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree with you more. You're doing fantastic. Your trail mix is my ice cream! I refuse to keep a 1/2 gallon in the freezer even now. I still find a way to enjoy ice cream, just not like I use to!
    I'm with you, I haven't been perfect either, never will be.
    You said it...moderation. I really don't have a "plan," I eat what I like, I just eat less.

    Without me saying anymore on the topic, I hope you read my post for Day 266. It's up and ready for reading.

    Take care and keep up the great work!

    Sean Anderson
    The Daily Diary of A Winning Loser
    www.losingweighteveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see you transition from the canned veggies to fresh ones (or at least frozen ones). The canning process knocks a lot of the nutrients (and flavor) out of them.

    Way to recognize your trouble foods (trail mix) and act accordingly. It's tough to do.

    I completely agree about diet and exercise. We all have to go our own way.

    Looking forward to seeing how much you rock the scale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An easy way to lower the sodium on the canned veggies and the sugar on any canned fruit is to rinse them before eating or cooking. That way you don't have to throw them out, but still start to "re-train" your taste buds. You are doing an amazing job! You are young and strong, keep at it and you'll reach your goals. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete