Saturday, August 29, 2009

Make-A-Wish 5k and Fun Run at Alabama Adventure

I had an incredible time at this morning's Make-A-Wish 5k and Fun Run at Alabama Adventure. I helped setup the laptops for check-in and directed runners as they ran the course. There was a great turnout.

Here's pics from today's race:



I'm already looking forward to next year's race, and just think, by then the races that I am going to walk in and the 300 lb challenge will have passed. I wonder what I'll look like a year from now.

I was able to handle the standing very well, and if you were at today's race reading this, I was hobbling around because my legs are sore from working out a couple days ago. I usually get around a little bit faster that what I did today.

There is a gala tonight for Make-A-Wish but I will not be going because I'm worn out. I have a one event limit per day.

Alabama Adventure was impressive. This was my first visit out there. Here's their site: http://www.alabamaadventure.com/

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun! Take it easy tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic day! I like your "one event limit" per day, nice.
    In a year, seriously---you wanna know? You'll look like a completely different person. Seriously. And you'll feel like one too. Trust me on this one ;)

    My best always
    Sean

    ReplyDelete