Loss: -10 lb.
Total loss: 106 lbs.
Alright, I'm back on track. Last week was a great week!
We had our first walk/run group training session yesterday. Coach Danny Haralson told us what we need to be doing everyday. We had a good turnout of aprx 25 people.
Here's what Coach Danny told us:
- Run/Walk at your own pace. Speed is not important. Remember the Tortoise and the Hare.
- Keep your eye on your goal (finish the half marathon)
- The 1st week you should walk/run 4-6 days, and you should walk 1/8 mile, then jog 1/8 mile until you have put in one mile. Then walk 1/4 mile to cool down.
- Rest at least one day! Don't run 7 days a week!
- Shoes are ultra important. 95% of injuries can be prevented by having the correct shoes. If your shoes are older than three months, get new shoes. Also, get RUNNING shoes. It's best to go to a store like The Track Shak. They will analyze your walk to determine the best shoes for you. Mention Danny's program for a 10% discount at Track Shak.
- It's always good to have a carrot for running. Our carrot was free beer/water. That's our motivation.
As we started the walk for our training, Danny told me that he's gonna time my lap. I walked the entire 1/4 mile lap instead of alternating walking and jogging. I walked the 1/4 mile in 6 minutes, and put in another 6 minute 1/4 mile.
Danny told me to alternate my walking distances every day. For example, day one walk one mile, day two walk half a mile, day three walk 1.4 miles. This way my body won't know what distance I'm gonna walk. It'll be fooled into thinking that every walk's gonna be a long walk. This will burn max calories per walk.
I'll be walking every day and working out every day. (Of course I will have a rest day)
Everyone loves having the beer as the carrot for out group runs. Of course, I drink the water because I've got that big carrot in April next year. Do you have a carrot?